A friend e-mailed this to me this evening and I thought it was sweet... Blake and I cannot imagine our life without our son from Guatemala! Will makes everything sweeter!
(The pictures are of our trip to pick up Will in Guatemala)
YOU KNOW YOU'RE AN ADOPTIVE PARENT IF...
1. The fact that there are 143 million children without a parent to kiss them goodnight has made you lose sleep.
2. You realize DNA has nothing to do with love & family.
3. You can't watch Adoption Stories on TLC without sobbing.
4. The fact that, if 7% of Christians adopted 1 child there would be no orphans in the world, is convicting to you. (A pretty amazing statistic. Also, of 240,000 Americans inquiring about foster adoption this year, only about 10,000 will follow through and become adoptive parents. Data compiled by Listening to Parents)
5. You spend free time surfing blogs about families who've experienced theblessing of adoption.
6. It drives you crazy when people ask you about adopted child's "real"parents.
7. You've been "pregnant" with your adoptive child longer than it takes an elephant to give birth.
8. You'd no idea how you'd afford to adopt, but stepped out in faith anyway, knowing He'd provide.
9. You've taken an airplane half-way around the world with a child you just met.
10. You believe God's heart's for adoption. See James 1:27 and Romans 8.
11. You realize that welcoming a child into your heart & family is one of the most important legacies you could ever leave on this earth.
12. You know what the word "Dossier" means & you can actually pronounce it correctly!
13. You've welcomed a social worker into the most private parts of your life.
14. You shudder when people say your child's so lucky that you adopted them, knowing full well you're the blessed one to have him or her in your life.
15. You are constantly asking the bookstores to carry a selection of children's books that have stories where kids that look like yours are the hero's.
16. When someone talks about addictions you quietly think in your head that have an addiction of your own- adoption!
17. Your wallet is empty and your heart is full.