Monday, October 13, 2008

Riley is 3 Months Old

Blake and I have found ourselves in shock at the many changes we have seen in our little girl these last few months. Riley has a heart warming smile that comes easily... She chats and coos and gurgles for minutes at a time. We have even gotten a few giggle out of her recently. It is absolutely precious to listen to her respond to us when we speak to her. Riley is a people watcher, but her favorite person to watch is her big brother! I am very excited about the fact that Riley is almost a "hip" baby - She is holding her neck and head up beautifully! When she lays on her stomach she is lifting her head and chest up to look around. Blake and I have been getting so much more sleep the last 6 weeks... Riley is sleeping from about 8pm to 8am and waking to eat only once! She is a belly sleeper and once we figured that out our entire lives changed! :)I think that my favorite change is that she is beginning to favor Mommy and Daddy. I know that she can not say our names or reach for us yet, but when she is crying or fussing and I get her in my arms she quickly settles down... most of the time. :) I think that she is going to be a Mommy's girl which I am thrilled about. (I need one of my children to be Mommy's and Will is a Daddy boy through and through! :) ) After all our initial worries about her weight gain, I think that you can tell she has had no problems putting it on recently. Riley is weighing in in the 75th percentile in weight at 12 pounds. Blake and I are loving this stage of her development. It is something new every day and such a tremendous joy to watch it all unfold... We love you Riley Lynn!











2 comments:

bcl said...

Riley is just adorable! Sounds like she is developing great. At the Day Care I work at there are some babies that were 4 or 5 months before they could hold their head up. That's great that she and Will get along good. I think you'll really see that develop as they get older. I think she'll love having an older brother to look out for her. I always wanted that, so I borrowed my friends' older brothers :).

The Yates' said...

She is so sweet! As exciting as it is to watch them grow, dont you think it goes to fast!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...