Monday, January 12, 2009

Riley is 6 Months Old

I have this daughter named Riley. She turned 6 months old today(January 13)... and according to her pediatrician she is a "Beast"! I am not kidding! She went for her check-up today and he called her a "beast". He also called her beautiful and precious so I guess that makes it ok. :) Riley's 5 month post never made it to print to here is a re-cap of the last 2 months:

Riley is taking 8 ounce bottles every 4 hours or so... Finally! :) (For a little while I thought that I might be feeding her every 2 1/2 hours for the rest of her life!) She eats cereal twice a day - morning and night. Riley is also eating fruits and veggies now! Riley decided that she hates peas and green beans(literally cries!)... She enjoys her apples, pears, butternut squash, and carrots. Since I am making it, that is as far as we have gotten as of today. Gerber fruit puffs have been a big hit! After a week of playing she finally picked one up and got it to her mouth today! Big Day! Today was the first day for the sippy cup and while she can't hold it, she was able to drink from it.

Riley is rolling over... and over... and over. :) She is scooting around on her belly. Just this week she has begun to be able to balance sitting up! She isn't going to be sitting alone for a while, though. Riley still loves her jumper and I put her in it before nap time on her energetic days. :) Blake and I are very close to getting all night from her! Riley is giving us about 10 to 11 hours normally, though probably about once a week she gets hungry a little early. :) Blake and I race to be the first to pick her up in the mornings because she smiles and laughs joyously! Riley seems to adore her mommy and daddy so much that she doesn't even want to visit the nursery or be held by anyone else. :)

Riley weighs 18 pounds 10 ounces and is 27 1/2 inches long... She looks like her daddy... She smiles like an angel... She laughs so easily that there is often nothing to laugh at... She may be a "beast", but she is our "beast"! I can hardly believe that it has only been 6 months since I met her for the first time. I love her as if I have known her for at least 10 lifetimes...

4 comments:

The Yates' said...

She is so sweet! I can not believe she is six months old!

The M Family said...

yay for half a year riley!
also, we affectionately call kate our "beast" but that's just because she's a tough little one! she falls and runs into all sorts of things but rarely seems phased by it...

The Murphys said...

She is so cute!!! I love chubby babies - Corbin was the same way and I think it's adorable! I just want to squeeze her!

Grace, Hope and Joy said...

A sweet and beautiful little beast. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...