Monday, May 25, 2009

Baby Update

I hit the 18 week pregnancy mark on Saturday... The pregnancy has become a little bit more eventful in the last week. The day before 17 weeks, I experienced a minor issue that landed us in the Labor and Delivery Unit of Baptist East. After seeing the doctor on call and having an ultrasound done, they sent us to Norton Suburban for a second ultrasound(Norton specialized in high risk pregnancies). All appeared well and I was sent home with instructions to rest, but that this would probably be an isolated incident. Well, this past Friday the same thing happened and I ended up in my doctor's office this time. Apparantly, it was not going to be an isolated incident. I was sent home with instructions to rest much and lift seldom. I reminded her that I have 2 children 2 and under(including a baby girl who can't walk) and she pointedly reminded me that I have a 3rd to care for as well. Touche! Point taken. So, please be in prayer for our family as we attempt to take care of all 3 of our children adequately these next few weeks...

Our 18 week ultrasound is on Thursday and we are so excited to finally have a name to call our baby! We were given a sneek peek at Norton and told a tenative idea of the sex of our little one, but we aren't really sharing until Thursday. Hopefully the baby will be more cooperative and spread its legs for the doctor! :) The fav position seems to be in a tight ball... Not great for distinguishing body parts!

2 comments:

The Murphys said...

Hope you're doing okay today and are able to get some help with the kids

The Yates' said...

Praying for you Lydia! PLEASE let me know if there is any way I can help, I am always willing to take your kids to the park or something for a couple hours so you can rest just let me know!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...