Friday, June 19, 2009

A Father's Day Letter...

Dear Emery...

I want to tell you about your father.


I remember the very first time I met him: I remember the way his smile lit his entire face up. I remember the way his eyes crinkled up when he laughed... I wonder if yours will do the same.


He was so easy to fall in love with... We sat down one evening at church to chat and that was it. I couldn't stop thinking about him. I couldn't stop wanting to see him or be around him. I couldn't stop myself from loving him. There are so many things I love about him... But I think that my favorite will always be...

The way he loves your big brother. There is no DNA linking this man and this boy, but who would ever know that?! Your daddy loves your brother more then he ever imagined it possible to love. I also love...

The way he loves your big sister. I watched him hold her for the first time and I knew that there would be no boy that would ever be good enough. No one could ever deserve her in his eyes. I also love...

The way he loves you... He has never held you. Never even touched you. Yet me loves you passionately. He has never met you and yet he has worried and fretted over you as if he has known you his entire life. He has never heard your voice. He has never heard you cry, and yet he regularly leans his head down to my belly and carries on these conversations with you. I can already tell that you 2 will have wonderful conversations one day. You have never broken a bone or scratched your knee or stubbed your toe, but he comes running when we have to go to the dr to have you checked out... He will protect you. He will provide for you. He will play with you. He will comfort you. He ALREADY loves you...



So thats a little bit about him... The first man in your life. The first love of your heart. Your daddy... One day a year to celebrate him just doesn't seem like enough does it?



Mommy

1 comment:

The Yates' said...

That made me tear up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...