Friday, August 28, 2009

The last few weeks have been extremely difficult. But I have to be honest... I am learning ALOT! Alot about myself. Alot about my husband. Alot about my children.
My children... I can't play alot right now, but I am learning that they love to just be held! To crawl up on the couch and sit in my lap and just chat about life. I am learning that I don't have to punish Will EVERYTIME he doesn't do exactly what I tell him. He is just 2. Consistency is important, but GRACE is necessary! I am learning that Riley has a compassionate heart. She hates for her brother to cry and often cries along with him. I was annoyed at first to go from 1 crying child to 2, but have learned to love this admirable quality. I need compassion and God is using my 13 month old to teach me about it.
My husband... I don't think that I have never needed him more - And I am learning that as much as I need from him, he is capable of fulfilling! Don't get me wrong, Blake has always been a tremendously involved father and attentive husband. But my faith in people is often shallow. I am learning - after 4 years of marriage - that it doesn't have to be that way! Blake can do the laundry, load the dishwasher, cook dinner, take BOTH kids to the park, grocery shop, clean the toilets, make the bed... And rearrange an entire week worth of meetings in order to be home just because I needed him! In our home, I get just as excited about Daddy coming home as the itty-bitty feet that race down the hallway to meet him! No need for Superman or the Hulk in the Ring household - We have Blake!
Myself... I have always thought of myself as being a strong person. I seldom break down in tears. I never lay in bed all day just because. I would rather do things so they can be just the way I want them, then ask for help and cut my time in half. I am learning that all of those "qualities" - that "strong women" I thought I was, was simply a cover for a heart full of pride. And boy is God putting me in my place. I cry all of the time right now. I have no choice but to lay around most of the day. I am not able to do much for myself so I am having to rely on Blake's scrubbing of the toilet, Jessica's cleaning up from dinner, and my Mom's play time with the kids. I am learning how desperately I need the Lord's strength... my husbands support... my friends fellowship... and my parents to still be my parents.
What I thought was going to be such a tremendously stressful time... is still a stressful time, but is a time that I will always be thankful for. God is faithful. My children are precious. My husband is my hero. I have alot to learn... I'm looking forward to all that He is going to do in my life during the next 4 weeks.

1 comment:

Megan said...

It's amazing what God will teach us during the tough times if we'll just let Him! Reminds me of the song, "He's still workin' on me.." :) So glad you're open to His guidance, and I'm praying that the rest of your pregnancy is smooth and full of joy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...