Well, I was up basically all night Sunday night with pressure, cramping, and fairly regular contractions. I called the dr Monday morning and they had me come in immediately to check and see if I was dialating. No further progress... Which is good news. Emery is still too little for them to feel comfortable enough to let her come. After an ultrasound I was sent home to lay down and hope that the contractions let up.
The results of the ultrasound showed that everything looked good. They estimate that she weighs about 5 1/2 pounds and is laying transverse. My dr sat us down after the ultrasound to tell us exactly what this meant: Emery is laying sideways in my belly instead of head down as they would expect at this point. While she could still flip into position, the chances are becoming slim due to her growing size, my small stomach, and basically she has laid this way almost the entire pregnancy and it just seems to be her preference. She discussed our options with us and gave us till my appointment next week to decide.
Options: Basically if I go into labor before she flips a c-section is inevitable. If we make it off of bedrest next Thursday with Em still cooking in here, then they will schedule 1 of 2 things - An external version or a c-section. Dr didn't seem too thrilled about the ECV. She explained the risks and it sounded far too stressful for Blake and I at this point in the game. This pregnancy has been stressful enough. We are going to opt for a scheduled c-section.
I actually feel pretty good about having a c-section. I had a terrible recovery from Riley's vaginal delivery. I have several friends and my own mother who has had c-sections and recovered well.
We know that God is in control and protecting our baby girl. My dr is still in shock that despite all of the issues that have come up, Emery has remained healthy and growing at a fairly normal rate. They would like Emery to weigh a little more before she come which is why she has me down for another 10 days.