Thursday, October 21, 2010

A Love Affair...

I have very specific taste in music. I don't mind listening to random songs from the 80's-90's when in the car with my husband (his dad owns radio stations)... But if I am going to choose what cd or song we listen to over and over again, it will be moody. It will be the kind of song you hear in the background of a love movie or drama. It will be slow and mellow. It will be guitar driven. It will be a love song.

Michael Buble. Coldplay. Bebo Norman. Andrew Peterson.

Right now I am having a little love affair with Andrew Peterson's love song Dancing In The Minefields.

Have a watch. Take a read. You'll see...

Dancing In The Minefields

Well I was 19 you were 21

The year we got engaged

Everyone said we were much to young

But we did it anyway

We got the rings for 40 each from a pawnshop down the road

We said our vows and took the leap now 15 years ago

Chorus: We went dancing in the minefields

We went sailing in the storm

And it was harder than we dreamed

But I believe that’s what the promise was for

Well ‘I do’ are the two most famous last words

The beginning of the end

But to lose your life for another

I’ve heard is a good place to begin

Cause the only way to find your life is to lay your own life down

And I believe it’s an easy price for the life that we have found

Chorus: And we’re dancing in the minefields

We’re went sailing in the storm
And it was harder than we dreamed

But I believe that’s what the promise was for

That’s what the promise is for

Bridge: So when I lose my way, find me

When I lose loves chains, bind me

At the end of all my faith to the end of all my days when I forget my name, remind me

Cause we bear the light of the son of man

So there’s nothing left to fear

So I’ll walk with you in the shadow lands

Till the shadows disappear

Cause he promised not to leave us

And his promises are true

So in the face of this chaos baby I can dance with you

Chorus: So lets go dancing in the minefields

Lets go sailing in the storms

Oh lets go dancing in the minefields

And kicking down the doors

Oh lets go dancing in the minefields

And sailing in the storms

Oh this is harder than we dreamed

But I believe that’s what the promise if for

That’s what the promise is for

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...