Thursday, January 27, 2011

Giving Some Dead Space A Purpose...

I have no idea what this cubby was built for.
With the sockets in the MIDDLE of the wall I was thinking that perhaps there was a fridge there.
I have been thinking about this space for a few months, trying to decide what the most practical use for this space would be. I needed a solution for our muddy shoes so that we weren't stomping up our carpeted stairs. Hence, I have decided to create a little mudroom/cubby!



My mom and dad were at IKEA today and she called to tell me that they had found a bench that was perfect - Which basically meant that it was going to fit my narrow little cubby!
YIPPEE!
I told her to write down the info, thinking that I would go back for it in a month or so... She called a little bit later to tell me that my sweet Daddy had purchased the bench for me!


I plan on putting a cushion and some pillows on the bench. I am also planning on a few hooks on the walls for our everyday coats!

3 comments:

The Fitzgerald's said...

That's looks really good!

Anonymous said...

Perfect fit! I love the decorating posts - they are filled with lots of wonderful inspiration.

Leah said...

Oohh...love! What great parents you have... :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...