2. Reading a book - I love to read novels and mysteries, but often find myself taking so long to finish that I have forgotten much of the book by the time I finish. Blake and I both bought a new book the day before we left and had them finished before we returned!
3. Being in Florida - I lived in Florida for 10 years and basically grew up there. I always enjoy being able to go back with Blake and tell stories and reminesce about the wonderful beach trips and friendships...
|View from our hotel balcony|
4. Taking Naps - My children are precious, but there are a few things that they don't do well and napping is one of them. Since adding Riley I have seldom had all children napping at the same time, therefor napping for myself has been non-existent. Blake and I napped 2 x in 2 days... Quite the accomplishment for me!
|Following dinner by the beach at The Crab Trap|
5. Eating Late - I don't when it started, but our kiddos like to eat dinner early! 4.30-5.00 is their preferred time! Granted, they get up pretty early(by 7) and are in bed no later then 8... I think that Blake and I often find we aren't very hungry by dinner time and often don't really get to enjoy our food because of it. We ate at 8.00pm both nights we were gone!
7. Late Nights - I have always been a night owl. Even now, I hate to go to bed before 10 and find myself up till 11 most nights. We didn't even find ourselves returning to our room until after 10 those 2 nights! I loved it! Then a movie followed before bed both evenings as well...
9. No Schedule - We did not have a single thing we had to do during our time in Destin! We didn't have to eat at a certain time. We didn't have to sleep at a certain time. We didn't have to worry about anyone being too hot or getting sun burned. We didn't have to check e-mails or listen to voicemails... There was NO dissertation writing for 3 entire days! :) I believe that it has been years since we have relaxed that much.
10. Alone Time With Blake - Our 6 year anniversary was in June and for 4 of those years we have been growing our family and raising children... And we love it. We adore it. We wouldn't choose anything over it. But in the midst of ministry, PhD writing, and children we had found that we had become very lazy in our efforts to spend quality time together. We brought no computers and only watched tv when watching a movie after 10pm... We took walks, rode bikes, ate long meals - I felt like I just couldn't get enough time with him! We wouldn't trade our lives, but we definitely waited way too long to do this. I'm already brainstorming where we can go next year!