Thursday, August 11, 2011

Layers

I feel like every room in our house is a work in progress...
This is our family room about 6 months ago. I think of this as our first layer.



This is our family room today. Not alot has changed, but a few accessories have warmed the place up. A rug(better, but not perfect), side table, lamp, and a few wall hangings later and the room feels warm and used! I love the result of SLOWLY layering... It is adding those books and pictures and knick-knack souveniers that make a room "you". I searched for months for the perfect side table and I have had  my eye on that lamp for months just waiting for the perfect place to put it... Sometimes I rush to finish a space, but am learning that if I slow down and build a room layer by layer as opposed to throwing everything in at one time, I am much happier with the result. This is a room I feel "at home" in.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...