Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Holidays With The Rings



As Told By Lydia: The Christmas Celebration lasted a while for the Ring family this year! It began on the Friday evening before Christmas when we went out to dinner with Kratzers. They then came back to our condo to give the kids their Christmas presents - Clothes and book for Riley and Bowling pins and bowl for Will! They were quite pleased their gifts(as shown in pictures)!

Our holiday festivities continued to Sunday night when we celebrated the holiday with my family(The Cooks). We were leaving the next morning for Illinois, so we decided to spend the night. Mom cooked a huge wonderful dinner for everyone and we were later treated to dessert at the Pie and Ice Cream Kitchen! Yummy! Blake and I enjoyed a late evening with my brothers and parents and were treated to much assistance with the kids while we prepared to travel to Illinois.

As Told By Blake: Illinois greeted us with a diversity of weather: rain, sleet, snow, fog, and 60 degree weather. We spent Christmas Eve at Grandma Rings. I've got about a million cousins and second cousins so it was a full house but good to catch up with everyone. Christmas morning was a lot of fun. It was fun to see Will get excited to open his gifts...some of them for a second time! Every year on Christmas morning, my dad makes "Christmas Morning Rolls" (not a very original name) which could kill you with its high concentration of sugar but they are so delicious :) That afternoon, we went to my Grandad Riley's house. My grandad told stories of what Christmas was like when he was younger and we decorated the tree the exact same way his parents decorated when he was a boy. All the grandkids and great-grandkids received an oranage as a gift, which was the only gift he received for several years. Don't worry, that's not all we got! It was a good visit and we also got to see Lola again, which blessed Lydia's heart. All in all, it was a good trip north.

We hope that your Christmas was as blessed and enjoyable as ours...

2 comments:

The Yates' said...

I am so glad you guys' christmas was nice! I did not know you had given Lola away...sad times!

Solange said...

Hi I know michelle oliver from Dallas Tx. I was reading your blog about your doughter Riley using antibiotics and i would like to share with you that there is a powder of good bacteria you can give her to replace the good bacteria that the antibiotics kill. You know antibiotics kill the infection ( bad bacteria) and also they kill some good bacteria. I have two kids and a friend recommended me Acidophilus. They are probiotics that replace good bacteria in the body. Yogurt is good because it has good bacteria. I got it at Whole Foods here in Dallas. The brand i used with my kids is Natures Way (Primadophilus Children)My email is solfortu@yahoo.com if you need more information. I am from mexico and i was so excited to read that you adopted a baby from Guatemala. You have a beautiful family. God Bless you

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...