Friday, October 30, 2009

Musings...

I am not generally a worrier. I do not easily "freak out". I am not the mother that hand santizes everytime we leave a public area(though I wish I thought about it). I don't dwell on everything that could go wrong... But for some reason - from the very beginning of Emery's pregnancy I had a feeling that it was going to be a difficult pregnancy.
The first hospital visit for Emery's pregnancy - even at only 16 weeks along - did not come as a surprise to me. Neither did the second or the third or the fourth... The same goes for the almost weekly doctor visits throughout the final 24 weeks that I carried Emery in my stomach. I was prepared for weeks of bedrest. I was prepared for her to come early. It wasn't that I wasn't worried about her health. It wasn't that I didn't pray almost constantly for her well-being. It's hard to explain - I had a peace. I think that God just prepared me for the stress by helping me expect it. What I first thought might be just the obsessive musings of a mother became a blessing in disguise.
Today was Emery's 1 month check up - The pediatrician said that she is doing beautifully! She is up to 7 1/2 pounds! The past few months have been some of the longest of my life... But when I look at this beautiful face, I know that in an instant I would do it all again.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...