Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Rest

Do you see those shoes?... Yeah, I know there are 8 pairs in this picture. I mean the 3rd pair - The black pair. Those are my grandpa's shoes... Those were my grandpa's shoes.

He had a hip replacement yesterday that went fine and had been sent from recovery to a room... My mom received a phone call from my grandma yesterday afternoon that something had gone terribly wrong and he had passed away.

I loved seeing those shoes by our back door. It meant that someone was there that would take us for icecream. It meant someone was there that would order pizza. It meant someone was there to fix whatever was broken. It meant that grandpa had come to visit...

"My soul finds rest in God alone." Psalm 62:1 Now his beautiful, gracious, sacrifical soul is at rest.

3 comments:

Megan said...

I'm so sorry for your loss...it sounds like your grandpa was an amazingly special man. Praying for you!

The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. --Psalm 34:18

The Petty's said...

So very sorry for your loss. Grandpa's are very special.

Again, love and prayers at this time.

Grace, Hope and Joy said...

So sorry for you about your Grandpa. I was very close to mine to and even after 10 years I still miss him greatly. The last year or so of his life he was pretty ill. I never knew if when I saw him it would be the last time. We got in the habit of telling each other, "I'll love you forever." I know my Grandpa is in Heaven and it is pretty cool to me that he still loves me - since well it is still part of forever. =) Love ya girl.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...