Saturday, June 19, 2010

Bar B Que Chicken Pizza

I adore California Pizza Kitchen.
I love their salads.
I love their shrimp scampi pizza.
I love their bar b que chicken pizza... I mean - Seriously!
This is one of my favorite foods ever!
Decided to give it a go and here is what I came up with! I bought a pre-made thin crust, but I am going to make it next time. It was really good, but I am definitely think it has to be made next time.
Spread a little bar b que sauce.
I bought one of the cheapest bottles of bar b que sauce...
But I actually really love this one.
And your cooking it - bar b que sauce always tastes good cooked.
I took the mozzarella cheese and slices it as thin as I could.

Slices a little onion. No I mean it.
A VERY little because Blake and the kids don't eat it.

Something is missing....

The chicken.
Spread salt on both sides and then coat in bar b que sauce.
I baked it on 350 for about 30 minutes,
I cooked 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, but really only used 2.
Cut and dice the chicken into little chunks.

I then took about 2 tablespoons of the sauce and drizzled it over the top.
I baked it on 450 and turned it up to 500 for the last few minutes.
I would bake it at 500 the entire time next time.
I didn't set a timer - Sorry!
Somethings get forgotten with you are in the middle of throwing fruit on plates, filling cups, and promising your 3 year old and almost 2 year old that dinner is ALMOST ready...
for the 50th time! :)
Try 10 minutes to start...
I was so excited to begin eating it that I forgot to take picture until I had already cut it up!

The only thing that could make this any better is homemade ranch dressing.

Check.
I am content.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...