Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A dose of reality... Not always easy to swallow.

I came across this blog post today... Reality is a Weighty Thing. I've read this post 3 times today. Cried alot the first time. A little the second and none the third. By the third time I was very contemplative. The blog documents the life of a family of 6 that moved to Haiti in August. Moved because the Lord called them. As soon as I finish encouraging you to take a few minutes to read this rather lengthy post (about adoption and following the Lord), I will set the computer on my husband's lap and force him to read it. Several times perhaps. We have an adopted child, but it was reminder to me that we can not sit back and glory in that one act. We have been called to care for ALL orphans... Until there are no more.

1 comment:

Kate Gef said...

I just stumbled across your blog accidentally, and read the post you linked to. I thought I was going to be okay, until she found the baby in the orphanage. As a mother of a young baby myself, I can't imagine leaving my child to cry on the floor, with only his fingers with which to console himself - that image really made things clear in my mind of what she was going through. Thank you for sharing her story, and yours, with all of us out here in the cyber-world. You both are in my prayers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...