Monday, April 25, 2011

I LOVE SALSA!


*Linking up with Lyndsie at A Love Worth Waiting For*

I have 2 love affairs when it comes to cooking. One is with Ina Garten(aka Barefoot Contessa). My second love affair is with Ree(aka The Pioneer Woman).

This is an adaption of The Pioneer Woman Restaurant Style Salsa.
I just could not get this to upload the correct direction!
SORRY!
Parsley, Onion, Jalapeno, Salt, Pepper, Cumin, 2 Cans Rotel, 28 ounch Whole Tomatoes, a Lime(not photographed)

 I drain the extra juice from the tomatoes. I found Ree's recipe to be a little too runny.

 I am sure you could use an immersion blender is you do not own a food processor, but I have no idea why you would not own one! This is my favorite kitchen item!

 2 cloves of garlic.

 I threw in about 1/4 of a roughly chopped onion.

Dump in your Rotel. Liquid and all this time.  
Since Cilantro is not my favorite flavor, I use Parsley.
Chop your jalapeno... I only add the seeds from about 1/4 of it.
Then I cut them out of the rest and add the rest of the jalapeno.
 Add the juice of 1 lime. Add about 1 t salt and 1/2 t pepper. Add 1 T of Cumin. Taste test and add a little more cumin if you desire your salsa to be smokier. I like mine smokie and ended up adding close to 2 T.
 We don't buy salsa in our home anymore! I make a batch every few weeks and store it in tupperware in the fridge!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...