Sunday, July 31, 2011

words

"But words are things, and a small drop of ink,
Falling like dew, upon a thought, produces
That which makes thousands, perhaps millions, think."
- George Gordon Byron

I have alot of blogging to do to catch you up on the past few months. I find myself far too tired to do that tonight. But I did feel led to give a brief update of where our family is in terms of Blake's writing... Technically, the rough draft of his dissertation is due tomorrow. He has been gone several full days a week for the entire summer. For the past 11 days he has been gone from about 8am - 10pm...

"By words we learn thoughts, and by thoughts we learn life."

- Jean Baptiste Girard

At this very moment, he is writing/correcting his final chapter in his office. About 180 pages total I believe...

"For me, words are a form of action, capable of influencing change. Their articulation represents a complete, lived experience."

- Ingrid Bengis

He is tired. I am tired. The kids are tired of things being like this. Just since beginning this simple post, I have had to go upstairs to quiet Will and Riley(who have been in bed for an hr!), not one time, but two.

"I like good strong words that mean something."

- Louisa May Alcott, Little Women

Yesterday, I purchased a copy of One Thousand Gifts: Dare To Live Fully Right Where You Are by Ann Voskamp. As I began reading, I sarcastically thought, "What great timing to begin this book." After the first chapter I was praising God with "What great timing to begin this book!"

"For me, words are a form of action, capable of influencing change. Their articulation represents a complete, lived experience."

- Ingrid Bengis

I find myself extrememly tired tonight... I probably shouldn't have push mowed the lawn last night after putting the kids to bed. When I got home I decided to read another chapter from the book and suddenly find myself feeling so blessed that Blake has the opportunity to be in school. That I was able to bring my children home to a cool home. That tonight(eventually) I get to lay in bed next to the one I love.

"If words are to enter men's minds and bear fruit, they must be the right words shaped cunningly to pass men's defenses and explode silently and effectually within their minds."

- J. B. Phillips

Please whisper words to the Father on our behalf. There is still much to be done tonight and tomorrow and while the break that follows is desperately needed, it will be short lived. Corrections, additional research, and rewrites will come. Pray for the words he types as they are beginning to run together. Pray for the words I speak to my children, as I have spent about 2 hours away since this stretch of craziness started 11 days ago.

"Kind words are a creative force, a power that concurs in the building up of all that is good, and energy that showers blessings upon the world."
- Lawrence G. Lovasik

1 comment:

Sarah M. said...

Just spent some time in prayer for you and your entire family! I know you all will be glad for a break from the long days (and nights)! Our God is faithful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...