Saturday, September 3, 2011

Our Good

Updates have been few and far between recently... Mainly because we are still in the middle of utter chaos! Blake's second draft of his dissertation is due in exactly 1 week. Every spare minute is spent at the library. A plus? Our grocery bill has been less because I am seldom cooking! :)

"He has promised to use everything in your life for your good and His glory. This is the kind of watchful, fatherly love He has for you... You can rest in His everlasting arms - now." Give Them Grace, pg. 28

There was a much needed week long break that came after turning in the last draft and receiving it back to make corrections. The amount of time left to finish the corrections is overwhelming. It will be such a LONG week, and yet I wish there was more time for him!  He lives, eats, and breathes the life of Dan Kimbell at this moment and to be honest I am not the least bit jealous! :) I would rather that we push on and finish, then spend longer then we have to with our lives revolving around this man I have never met(though I am sure he is a wonderful man). :)

"He who sacrifices thank offerings honors me, and he prepares the way so that I may show him the salvation of God." Psalm 50:23

I am learning so much about gratitude. There have been few times in my life that I feel have been harder then then the last 7 months. I am learning how to totally depend on Christ. I am learning how to be independent as a mother and caretaker of our home(though I will admit our yard is looking rough). As difficult and stressful as it has been, I am truly so greatful for this time.

"Thanksgiving - giving thanks in everything - prepares the way that God might show us His fullest salvation in Christ." One Thousand Gifts, pg. 39

I know I'm rambling. Blake has been gone about 12 hours now. "For our good" is what I have been running in my head today. "For our good" is what I whispered to myself after I browned up 2 lbs of stew meat and realized I didn't have what I needed for the dinner I had planned, but was home alone with napping kids. "For our good", as I sat with my friend whose husband started the PhD program with Blake and we let our kids run WILD so we could have a moment or two of adult conversation.

"If the church is in Christ, it's initial act is always an act of thanksgiving, of returning the world to God." Alexander Schmemann

We covet your prayers. Life right now is tiring, but tonight, I can honestly say that I know that this is "for our good".

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...