Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Peace

Last year I  had an unofficial word or theme for my life: Thankful... The Lord really molded and chiseled and cultivated in me a heart of thankfulness for all of the grace He has given me(my children, my husband, my home, my salvation...). In fact, it was my unnofficial word for 2 years. I don't know if that is because I just loved the concept so, or because it took The Lord that long to drill it in. :) 

This year I decided to officially choose a word for myself for 2014: 
PEACE!

Our home is chaotic. 
All. Of. The. Time.

While, there is so much I can not change, and would not even want to change, I have felt for the past several months that our lives need more stability. They need some peace. 
As the mother, the wife, the cultivator of our home, that task falls on me. Our homes climate is my responsibility and this year I want to bring a sense of peace to my family. 

Peace among chaos.

We have 5 children 6 and under...The twins are fifteen months and still babies in so many ways. There is so much business and noise that comes with a family of that size. I understand that. But even in the midst of all of the craziness, I feel that peace is still possible. Peace that they are accepted no matter what. Peace that they are loved every second of the day. Peace that comes with Mommy putting down her phone and playing "Sorry" after dinner. Peace that while I might discipline, their heart is most important to me. Peace that comes from me not sending texts about how little the twins have slept or how messy the house is. Peace from opening up our little "A Question A Day" book and reading just how much I adore him. 

Peace from a gentle and quiet spirit that really takes effort on my part. 

I want my husband to want to come home from work. I want my children to yearn to sleep under this roof.

"Peace. It does not meant to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart." 

 May this year be different then last year. May it be better. May it be a year that my family feels our homes climate adjust. 

May it be peaceful...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...