Monday, February 2, 2015

A Do-over Please...

We have had a few rays of hope that spring will actually come back to us... Days where the sun shines and warms the air enough to sneak into our back yard or a park for a few hours. A few weeks ago we had one of those afternoons and I had the common sense to grab my camera as we raced outside to get in as much fresh air as we could. I didn't even look at any of the photos until tonight. I found myself smiling and proud of the young people these five joys are becoming... And tearful because of how old they all appear. It's not an optical illusion or trick. They are old. Will is 8. Riley is 6. Emery is 5. Hadley and Ainsley are 2. 

Today was one of those days that seemed to drag on... and then tonight the Lord gifted me with the reminder of these faces. Time isn't dragging on. It is flying. Flying by.  Earlier today, in the midst of winter coats and endless energy I would have wished winter away. I would have skipped the next two months. Tonight? I would go back to October when it began to get cold and start again. I would take a do-over if I could. All the more time with these precious faces.

Hadley and Will

Ainsley




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...