Thursday, October 27, 2011

Joy

This is busiest, craziest season of our families life thus far... Blake has been home so little since January, working hard to finish his PhD! We have know this has been only a short season in the grand scheme of things, but I'll admit, this has felt like the year that will never end! :)

I can not begin to tell you where the sanity to actually enjoy this time has come from. No, I haven't enjoyed every second, yet as this season of life is coming to a close, I found myself finding pleasure in the way our lives have been. It most certainly hasn't come from within myself. Christ' goodness is the only answer.

Christ has blessed me most recently in allowing me to fully enjoy my children. He has covered me with grace and I have found myself enjoying all of the alone time with my children immensely. I have often found myself sitting on the couch at the end of the day, with a million and one things to do, enjoying Tangled, with a child on my lap and one on either side of me. Pure Heaven. Will and I have played Go Fish 10 times in a row while the girls napped. Riley sat on the counter and chatted with me while I fixed breakfast this morning. Emery has said, "I love you mommy" out of the blue several time in the past few days. My heart melted all over the floor.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...