Monday, April 23, 2012

Will

This boy is growing up. 
It's AMAZING to me how far he has come in the past several years. 
He is phasing out of speech therapy in just a few weeks.
He is fascinated with dates and calendars and the time. 
His AWANA vest is full of patches from memorized verses.
What is exciting me the very most about Will is his heart. 
It is softening! 

Just today, he came running up to me and said, "Mommy, am I obeying today?" I was happy to encourage him and praise him for his happy attitude and obedience! "Am I making Jesus happy with my actions," he followed up with. "Yes, baby. Yes, you are." 

I would love to pat myself on the back and encourage myself with this amazing growth.
I would love to go on and on about how encouraging that little encounter with my son was. 
But, I had nothing to do with it. 
What a gracious God to begin softening the heart of a mere 5 year old. 
My 5 year old. 
Oh, to have the heart of a child... 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...