Wednesday, August 1, 2012

An Anchor

We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure.
 Hebrews 6:19

I am always so embarrassed when I feel surprised by the faithfulness of the Lord. Yesterday was a prime example... As mentioned previously, my contractions have been picking up. Not to the point that I can't eventually get them to stop, but painful enough I struggle to hide that one is occurring. After catching Blake off guard on Sunday night with a good series and exclaiming "ouch" in front of my mom on Tuesday, I found myself convinced by their arguments I should call the doctor and see what she thought.

I had known I needed to call, known she would have me come in, but had honestly been too afraid of the news to do it. Lord, help my unbelief. While she is concerned about the contractions strength, there was no progression. Babies look wonderful. And I'm not even house bound yet. "You're not resting enough", she said... So tonight Blake took the kids to church alone. 

And while I would much rather be finishing the last few weeks of the summer helping to teach my sweet Riley's Space Quest class, I am simply overwhelmingly thankful to be able to sit sill and feel these munchkins moving and grooving ;) or punching and hitting one another :)... 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...