Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Kindergarten

The first day of kindergarten for your oldest feels a little surreal. Even if you aren't dropping him off at school or putting him on a bus. Will is being homeschooled. But I still found it hard to see the 5 1/2 year old standing in front of me... 

I'll admit that most of the hard work is being carried out my Mimi this semester. That probably has something to do with why this whole homeschooling thing is going to well. :) But it is. Going well I mean. He is learning quickly. Loves work book pages. Now that he has our phone number and address memorized I'm praying a stranger doesn't ask him because he loves to show off. :) The boy is smart. 

I was texting my mom about 2 new words he sounded out on Friday... "ran" and "ram". I haven't been able to bring myself to delete her response yet: "What a testimony to God's grace. The woman that gave birth to him couldn't even sign her name." It's true. She used her finger print because she couldn't write. 

God's grace in this boys life = God's grace in our life. If only I could slow time a bit. I can't wait to see what God's grace will do for him in the years to come, but today... I want to hand out stickers. And draw smiley faces by traced letters. 




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...