Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Hadley and Ainsley

The girls were 3 months old on January 4th... 
Here are a few things on the twins- Mainly for my memory then for anyone else! :)

Schedule:
8:00-8:30 - Wake
9:00 - Eat
10:00-10:30 - Nap(20-30 minutes)
11:30-12:00 - Eat
12:30-1:00 - Nap(2-3 hrs ideally, normally 1.5 - 2 hrs)
3:00-3:30 - Eat
4:30-5:00 - Nap(20-30 minutes)
6:00 - Eat
7:30 - Top them off(2-3 ounces)
8:00 - Bedtime
10:00 - Feed(before we go to bed)
5:30 - Eat


Ainsley
 Feeding: Hadley and Ainsley BARELY make it 3 hours in between bottles during the day, but we are just now coming out of the lazy, sleepy eating phase! They are taking 5 ounces at a time and have been for a few weeks. Nutramigen... We are attempting a switch at this very moment to a formula for sensitive tummies. Still on the higher side, but much cheaper then Nutramigen!The slow mixing technique seems to be going well so we are hopefully their little bellies can take it. If not? Oh well. Happy babies are worth the over $400 a month we are spending on formula. 

Sleeping: Praise the Lord! They are doing so much better! They are ready for bed between 7:30-8:00 and rarely cry more then 5 minutes! With a dream feed, they will stay down(with some paci popping) until about 5:30. After a quick diaper change and bottle, they typically go right back down with minimal fussing and sleep till after 8am! Napping is another story, but I'm hearing that nap scheduling doesn't normally happen until around 4 months so I have backed off a bit. They take a VERY short morning nap, a longer afternoon nap(some days), and a VERY short evening nap. I try not to complain too much, because nights are going sooo well! The girls are officially in their own cribs due to the fact they are rolling over and scooching around - They were in each other's personal space too often. :) I was also afraid they would disturb one another when we have to let one fuss some. 

Hadley

Personalities: 
Ainsley seems to be our easy going twin. It takes more to agitate her. She goes down for naps/bedtime easier - Sleeps more soundly.  It takes very little effort on our part to get her smiling or talking. Ainsley's smile can be slightly lopsided, which is a precious characteristic I hope she never loses! And boy is she miss chatty! We have even heard a few giggles in the past week!
Hadley gets heated more quickly. Basically instantly if annoyed or hurt. And her scream. We might not be able to tell them apart by looking at them, but we can certainly tell them apart when they cry! :) Hadley shrieks! She has to work a little harder to talk, but her smile is precious. I love that her entire face smiles!

Hadley
Just in time for their 3 month birthday they girls started rolling from their belly to their back! They don't mind watching cartoons for short spurts which has been a life saver... I was so excited last week when I realized they were batting at their toys intentionally! They will both lay in a crib together and watch a mobile for 20 minutes at a time, but Hadley is far more interested then Ainsley. 

Last week was the first time the girls have seemed interested in each other - It was so precious. They just stared and smiled at one another! It makes me so excited for where their friendship is going...

There won't be anymore babies in the Ring house... So I am really soaking in these days with Hadley and Ainsley! I am loving their baby coos and smiles. I love that Ainsley's eyes often follow me as I walk around in the room she is in. I love that there are times Hadley will only eat for me. There are times that the constant attention can be tiring, but I find myself missing them when they take an unusually long nap or I run an errand.     We are so blessed by the gift of these precious babies... There is not a thing I would trade for these days!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...