Tuesday, March 5, 2013

My Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies


I don't love to bake. 
I prefer savory to sweet any day of the week. 
My mom doesnt like to bake either and yet she experimented around with recipes for chocolate chip cookies for years - never finding one we all just "loved"... Until this recipe. 

Enjoy!

Ingredients: 
1 cup shortening
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
2 1/2 cups flour
1 package chocolate chips, m&m's, peanut butter chips, etc. 

Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
Cream the shortening, sugars, and vanilla until smooth.
Add the eggs one at a time. Mix well.
In a separate bowl, sift flour, salt, and baking soda. 
Ok. I don't actually sift any of the dry ingredients. I don't even mix them up. 
Like I said - I don't love to bake.
Add the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly. 
The dough will be VERY thick!

Add your choice of mix-in's... My husband brought home these yummy ghirardelli milk chocolate chips!


Roll into balls and place on a cookie sheet. 

Bake 8-10 minutes. No more then 11 minutes! 
Trust me!

You will get 2-3 dozen cookies. Enough to fill your owl cookie jar. :)
Go forth and bake, whether you enjoy it or not. You can thank me later. 



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...