Friday, June 21, 2013

Roasted Garlic Hummus

I have never been a hummus fan. I think it is because I have never been a bean fan. 
I love salty pita chips though, so I decided I needed a semi-healthy reason to eat them for an entire lunch. :)
Since homemade is always best, I looked up a few recipes from my favorite cooks. 
I ended up taking a few of the things I liked from several recipes and experimented. 

Here is what has become my weekly recipe...
Ingredients:
1 head of garlic
2 cans(16 oz) garbanzo beans
2 lemons - juiced
5 tablespoons olive oil
1/3 cup tahini sauce
1 teaspoon cumin
salt to taste
2-3 tablespoons water(or liquid from canned beans) 


Start by roasting your garlic.
Chop off the top. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.

Add a tablespoon of water and fold the foil tight!


Cook on 375 for 40-45 minutes. 
When cooled enough to touch, squeeze the soft cloves out!


 Here is the best part. 
Throw all of the ingredients into your food processor and blend.
I have made this recipe 4 times. Each time the liquid has been different. 
Add an extra tablespoon or two of olive oil or water to smooth it out if you need to.


 Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...